There are many online payment systems available all over the world. The popularity of these systems depends on the region you come from. If you are a business person and you are looking for one of these systems to incorporate with in your ecommerce site. Choose one that will be convenient to you and your potential customers. Below find a list of the top 10 payment systems.
1. PayPal- This is one of the most popular payment systems. Users register with PayPal and obtain an email address which is used to send and receive money. You can link your credit or debit card to you PayPal account to enable you withdraw or load finds to and from your PayPal account. The charges are 2.9% plus 0.30 for every transaction. There are no motherly or setup charges.
2. Authorze.net – is one of the widely used methods of payment especially with many e commerce sites that require a gateway to accept funds. It costs $99 setup and $20 monthly 0.10 per transaction.
3. Google check out- This allows people to pay for products and services via an account connected to Google profile. The major advantage of using these methods is that Google has many users thus making it easy for users to purchase products online. The charges are 2.9% plus $0, 30 for every transaction. These charges apply for transactions less than $3000.
4. Amazon payments- allow people across the globe to receive cash via the API and send cash through the ACH. They charge 2.9% + $0.5 for every transaction. Payments under $ 10 are more expensive and are charged at 5% plus $0.05 per transaction
5. Dwolla- is one of the competitors of the popular PayPal. You will need to sign up and get an email address, which will be used to send and receive money worldwide. You can link you account to a debit or credit card. Once you verify your account, you can be able to send or withdrawal money via a local ATM in your local current. The charges are $0.25 per transaction. If your transaction is less than $10, then it’s free.
6. 2Check out – is a popular payment system that combines the payment gateway and a merchant account into a one. It allows its customers to receive payments via PayPal as well as credit cards. 2checkout offers, shopping carts, international payments and billing. The charges are $10.99 per month and $0.45 for every transaction.
7. Wepay- allows merchants to be able to accept major credit cards as well as bank account online. This system is focuses more on the individual clients. The charges are 3.5% per transaction.
8. Samurai – is both a payment gateway as well a merchant account. The provider of this service provides a special tool known as feefighers that enables merchants to compare different rates from various merchant accounts. They charge 2.3% per sales volume. $0.3 for every transaction
9. Braintree- is another system that accepts credit cards online. It is both a merchant account as well as a payment gateway. They do not charge any monthly or setup fees. Their charges are 2.9% and an extra $0.30 for every transaction.
10. Stripe – acts as merchant account provider. Many web developers adopt this system due to the fact that it is an excellent solution. It charges 2.9% and $0.3 per transaction.
By Leo Josh
About the author –
Author’s bio: Leo is from the UK and has been a blogger for the past two years with an interest in writing. He is presently researching on the income support telephone number, a venture relative to income benefit.
As the demand for immediate payments implementation grows in the United States, Iliad Solutions have identified one of the largest risks to face the payments industry over the next few years.
Barclays has signed contracts with six of the fintech startups that just graduated from its second New York accelerator programme.
Company card killer Pleo has raised $3m in new funding as it prepares for public launch in the UK and Denmark.
Cheques are become less and less common in the UK according to new research from global market research firm Mintel which claims contactless card use has overtaken cheque payments in the UK for the first time.