After a successful stateside launch in NYC, MyCheck, the checkout app that allows you to view your bill live and pay for your check straight from your smartphone, has announced an updated Version 3.0.
MyCheck tapped HUGE Inc. for the mobile design and development, bringing a fresh new layout and interface to the application. Users can now:
- Log-in to Facebook Connect to quickly sign up
- Take a snapshot of a credit card and automatically populate their account information
- Log-in to PayPal via MyCheck for an additional payment option
- split the check evenly by percentage, by item, or evenly
- Connect on social media, allowing instant check-ins on Facebook and Twitter
- Search for and map out businesses near them and view Yelp reviews without exiting the application
- Maintain their loyalty points electronically with the new Benefits & Loyalty feature
As the demand for immediate payments implementation grows in the United States, Iliad Solutions have identified one of the largest risks to face the payments industry over the next few years.
Barclays has signed contracts with six of the fintech startups that just graduated from its second New York accelerator programme.
Company card killer Pleo has raised $3m in new funding as it prepares for public launch in the UK and Denmark.
Cheques are become less and less common in the UK according to new research from global market research firm Mintel which claims contactless card use has overtaken cheque payments in the UK for the first time.