Kalixa Group has announced the appointment of six senior executives, including a new CFO.
Following their rebranding in April 2013, Kalixa Group has secured new contracts, expanded into North and Latin America, launched Kalixa Pay in Austria, partnered with Invapay and Sisal, and been selected by MasterCard to provide test cards for acquirers worldwide.
The new hires are:
- Julian Leigh – Chief Financial Officer: Julian joins Kalixa from bwin.party where he held various group financial roles including Group Financial Controller and Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management. Prior to this Julian held senior roles in internal audit at HSBC.
- Andre Boesing – Head of LATAM / US: Andre Boesing will lead Kalixa Group’s expansion into the US and Latin America. Andre has 13 years of experience within the payments industry after holding senior positions at Royal Bank of Scotland, Arthur Andersen, Bibit Global Payments and Smart2Pay.
- Joerg Heidenreich – Sales Director, Kalixa Accept: Joerg has 13 years of experience in the payments industry working for companies including Wirecard and ClickandBuy. He was also responsible for helping SOFORT to grow from a startup to a leading payment system in Europe.
- Jonathan Bennett – Sales Director, Kalixa Pay: Jonathan has substantial experience in issuing, most recently leading Access Prepaid’s European prepaid business. At Travelex he delivered USD1.5bn in annual prepaid sales volume across six markets.
- Colin Swain – Head of Product, Innovation and Insight: Colin takes a leading role in developing new products and propositions for Kalixa Group. Prior to joining Kalixa, Colin worked at MasterCard, Barclaycard and WhatIf Innovations where he helped businesses build and launch market leading payment propositions such as MasterPass and One Pulse.
- Danielle Stroud – Head of Marketing and Communications: Danielle is responsible for all Group marketing and communication activity. Previously Danielle was responsible for developing and executing MasterCard’s country marketing strategy for Ireland as well as co-marketing with partners in the UK and Ireland including Metro Bank, Lloyds, and Post Office.
These six new additions will be joining Edward Chandler (CEO), Kamran Hedjri (COO), Kaveh Sheikh-Hestani (Director, Service Operations), Deyan Petrov (Technology Director) and Erich Cagler (Head of Project Management ) to complete Kalixa Group’s leadership team.
Alexander Filshie, a mentor to ICAEW's Financial Talent Executive Network, handed the newly created CFO role at Worldfirst
The personal finance startup has added another banking heavyweight to its board of directors, raising $5m in the process.
The payments processing startup has moved quickly to allay concerns over its CEO's ability to run two multi-billion companies by adding heavyweight financial experience to the company leadership.
Visa has hired former Acting US Trade Representative Demetrios Marantis from Square as senior vice president, Global Government Relations.