FIS has announced a new solution that will enable banks and credit unions to compete effectively with alternative financial services.
GenNOW features include:
- Track spending and manage finances on the go
- Load money to their prepaid cards through a mobile app and have immediate access to their funds
- Make expedited bill payments using a mobile app and avoid late payment charges
- Track spending and balances with personal financial management tools and alerts
- Get rewards for usage and meeting budget and savings goals
- Receive real-time notifications of offers reflective of their buying habits and interests
“One in four U.S. households conducts at least some financial transactions outside of the mainstream banking system,” said Bruce Lowthers, EVP, North American Card Solutions, FIS. “When you consider those numbers, and the long-term opportunities available to banks and credit unions who reach out to the customers GenNOW focuses on, this is a key driver of consumer engagement, growth and future business.”
Using Ripple's enterprise blockchain solutions, Standard Chartered has completed its first real-time cross-border payment for businesses with another major correspondent bank.
Three years on from being acquired by PayPal, Braintree, a company which allows merchants to process a range of different payments, has revealed the number of its payment transactions has increased by 25 times.
Fresh from its $4.5bn IPO, Nordic payments processor Nets has picked Spire as its partner to help with the physical roll out of mobile payments for Dankort customers.
Square has introduced a new update to its contactless and chip readers that reduces transaction speed to 4.2 seconds.